Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Latest version: I just tweaked the "A Revolutionary Beer" on the horizontal can so that it is visible and legible. It's too bad alot of the colors get crunched down once you output as a JPEG.
Old version: I added a low intensity light at the bottom of the cans and I rendered the reflection as a separate pass, so that it can be tweaked in Photoshop.
Older version: The bottom of the cans were too dark and the reflections were too sharp.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
There was a project I did last year that involved domino rally. During that short project, my friend and I surfed youtube and came upon ads done by Domino Domain; they did the domino sequence in V for Vendetta. It would be nice to do the real thing, but the great thing about CG dominoes is the undo button. The only problem was having so many dominoes (exactly 3,160 tiles) that the simulation took too long to calculate. So, with a little elbow grease, I worked my way around the slow simulation calculation.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
The Rubick's cube animation was created using alot of group nodes per block to avoid Gimbal lock. You can do the same using Quaternion interpolation, but I felt that using group nodes were much easier. The only draw back was that I could only have four rotation then Gimbal lock starts.